Founded in 2008 in Tysons, Virginia, PublicRelay was created with a simple goal in mind – help PR and communications professionals understand how their work is impacting business goals. In an era with a seemingly endless amount of news, we help Fortune 500 companies and federal agencies make sense of the media landscape and understand the most important trends that are shaping their industries. We partner with C-suite clientele to help them see the “so what” in their coverage and understand what to do next.
We’re looking for a Statistician to join our team, who will work closely with our Analytics team to explore and identify correlations between media and other external data sources as well as evaluate our current suite of metrics. We need a self-starter, who can evaluate our current data correlations work and propose new strategies for analysis. A successful candidate has a mix of statistical abilities and business intelligence that allows them to analyze and manipulate data in ways that our useful to our clients. We’re looking for a candidate who thrives on a small team and enjoys a dynamic work environment.
PublicRelay is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in Tysons Corner, VA. We’re Metro-accessible and just a 5-minute walk from the Silver Line’s Spring Hill station.
- Evaluate our current methodologies for data correlation analysis and other metrics
- Propose new methods to improve metrics and correlation analysis across multiple data sources
- Develop processes to expand the use of metrics and data correlation to current and future clients
- Create tangible products for our client-facing team to provide our clients
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics (or related field) with a minimum 3.4 GPA
- Proficiency in Python and R (5+ years) with business application of data
- Time series analysis experience
- Previous use of Business Intelligence tools, preferably Tableau
- Knowledge of APIs, data collection/cleaning
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify big picture developments and succinctly communicate them to others
To get a sense of life at PublicRelay, check out our Instagram.
To apply, please send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org