Data Visualization Designer
Founded in 2008 in Tysons, Virginia, PublicRelay was created with a simple goal in mind – help PR and communications professionals understand how their work is impacting business goals. In an era with a seemingly endless amount of news, we help Fortune 500 companies and federal agencies make sense of the media landscape and understand the most important trends that are shaping their industries. We partner with C-suite clientele to help them see the “so what” in their coverage and understand what to do next.
We’re looking for a Data Visualization Designer to join our team, who will manage our data visualization strategy. We need a self-starter, who has extensive experience with data storytelling for our media intelligence reporting. A successful candidate has a mix of creative abilities and interpersonal skills that allows them to turn complex data into compelling visuals. We’re looking for a candidate who thrives in high-pressure situations and enjoys a dynamic work environment.
As a Data Visualization Designer, you will:
- Develop reporting strategies and build customized reports aimed at interpreting and predicting patterns and trends in coverage
- Create a design philosophy across all of our reporting and analytical products with a style guide for standards of how data should be visualized
- Update our existing data visualizations to be more compelling and insightful
- Manage our internal data visualization team resources to execute on strategy
- Bachelor’s degree, in a data/analytical area of study with a minimum 3.4 GPA
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify big picture developments and succinctly communicate them to others
- Experience with application of a Business Intelligence tool, preferably Tableau (3+ years) and Figma is a plus
PublicRelay is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in Tysons Corner, VA. We’re Metro-accessible and just a 5-minute walk from the Silver Line’s Spring Hill station. To get a sense of life at PublicRelay, check out our Instagram.
To apply, please send a resume to: email@example.com