Analyst Team Lead
Founded in 2008 in Tysons, Virginia, PublicRelay was created with a simple goal in mind – help PR and communications professionals understand how their work is impacting business goals. In an era with a seemingly endless amount of news, we help Fortune 500 companies and federal agencies make sense of the media landscape and understand the most important trends that are shaping their industries. We partner with C-suite clientele to help them see the “so what” in their coverage and understand what to do next.
PublicRelay is looking for a Team Lead to manage an analyst team in our Tysons Corner office. Candidates will be involved with the exciting opportunity to help scale up a small startup office in Ireland as well as manage and develop a group of sharp and motivated analysts. Ideal candidates have an entrepreneurial mindset with experience managing teams and large projects.
Team Lead Role
Team Leads manage a group of 7-9 analysts along with 12-15 global Fortune 500 clients, trade associations, and agencies. As part of this role, Team Leads will be expected to train and develop the analysts on their team by assisting them with day to day work, managing their schedules, building professional skills, and promoting their career development.
Successful candidates possess a mix of intelligence and interpersonal skills which allow them to build relationships with their teams and C-suite clientele. Candidates must be highly analytical, self-motivated, and must demonstrate the ability to manage situations and people under deadline pressure to support daily client deliverables.
Additionally, candidates should be comfortable working in a small startup office environment and will be relied upon to manage a team independently with limited oversight and management.
PublicRelay is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in Tysons Corner, VA. We’re Metro-accessible and just a 5-minute walk from the Silver Line’s Spring Hill station.
- Manage a team of analysts, coordinating analyst schedules and delegating assignments as needed
- Mentor analysts and assist in skill development and career planning
- Utilize our proprietary systems to prioritize and filter domestic and international media content
- Build relationships with executive level clients to understand their needs
- Review complex analytic reports to identify patterns and trends in coverage analysis
- BA/BS, in an analytically rigorous area of study
- At least 3 years of experience managing and developing a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to interact with sophisticated and senior client executives who rely on our analysis
- Ability to digest a substantial flow of information and synthesize it into an insightful, executive-level synopsis under tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once under tight deadlines
To get a sense of life at PublicRelay, check out our Instagram.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com